2008年2月7日木曜日

January 11th, 2008

1.
Tell us about your New Year. Add a picture.

I spend with my family, grandmother and cousin.
We ate “zouni” and “osechi”.
My house’s zouni is white stock.
It is very delicious.
I didn’t pay a visit to a shrine on New Year’s Day.
I slept a lot for New Year holidays.

3.
(1)
Hogmanay is the name for New Year in which country?

In Scotland.

(2)
In which city is the New Year’s Day parade held?
Can you find a photo of this year’s parade?

In London.
This year's parade's photo.

(3)
Whose birthday is on January 3rd, and what famous book did he write?

JRR Tolkien's birthbay.
He wrote "Lord of the Rings".

(4)
Whose birthday is on January 5th?
Why is this person’s birthday in a British calendar?

Louis Braille's birthday.
Because he is France's national heroes.

(5)
Whose birthday is today (January 8th)?
What is he famous for?

Elvis Presley's birthday.
He is famous singer.

(6)
What is Al Hijra and why is it on a British calendar?

It is the Islamic New Year begins on the day.
Prophet Muhammad left Mecca to travel to Medina in 622 CE.
It is the first day of the month of Muharram.

(7)
Who reached the South Pole in 1912 on January 17th?

Robert Scott and his party reached the South Pole in 1912.

(8)
Whose birthday is on January 18th?
What famous book did he write?

AA Milne's birthday.
He wrote “Winnie-the-Pooh”.

(9)
Who died on January 24th, 1965?
What is he famous for (write ONE thing).

Sir Winston Churchill died.
He was a British politician.

(10)
What do you think about this calendar?

I understand some British history.
I think that it is interesting.

4.
I found this news.

5.
I visited this blog.

Hi!
You seem that very enjoyed.
I haven't been to Kiyomizu temple.
I want to go to Kiyomizu temple.

0 件のコメント: